CAREERS AT SECOR
Customer Service/Sales, Basic – Hardware
All company positions carry an emphasis on customer service. With that as our main priority, the Basic Customer Service Representative (CSR I) participates in all basic hardware operations including receiving and stocking merchandise through all departments of the hardware store. CSR I staff keep the store stocked, clean, organized, and safe. CSR I staff serve customers with product selections throughout the store, and regularly check out customers assisted by a cashier, or fulfilling that role as part of their service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain store environment, including doors, floors, windows, ceiling, restrooms and workstations.
- Straighten, organize, re-stock, clean and dust products and displays.
- Receive incoming and stage outgoing hardware shipments
- Record purchase orders, inventory condition, etc.
- Stock incoming merchandising striving to maintain retail standards for rotating, fronting, and facing as well as price tag maintenance.
- Count cash in drawer at opening and closing of the day.
- Operate cash register, make change, and issue receipts to customers.
- Issue refunds or credit, as necessary.
- Interact in a positive manner with customers in person and on the phone; assist with questions regarding merchandise, location of merchandise in store, pricing and store promotions.
- Refer store credit applications and bad checks to Store Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the store and product displays.
- Attend and participate in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- All other duties assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience: Six (6) months to one (1) year of customer service experience or equivalent.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of building materials desirable.
- Ability to operate Epicor Point of Sale (POS) System.
- Ability to stand and walk.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.